Call for Papers
14th Assembly of the
INTERNATIONAL ASSOCIATION FOR MISSION STUDIES
August 11–17, 2016
Seoul, South Korea
Conversions and Transformations:
Missiological Approaches to Religious Change
This 14th IAMS Assembly will examine issues of conversion and religious change from the multiple perspective shaping contemporary mission studies. We welcome papers on mission, conversion, transformation and the various missiological approaches to religious change from the perspective of the main fields of the IAMS Study Group, as well as from other scholarly fields of study. Other paper topics are welcomed, too, provided they contribute to the wider exploration of Christian mission and mission studies.
See full information regarding the Call for Papers
Please note you can now register for the conference and upload your abstracts on the conference website at:
The International Association for Mission Studies
The International Association for Mission Studies is an international, interconfessional and interdisciplinary professional society for the scholarly study of Christian witness and its impact in the world and the related field of intercultural theology.
After some preliminary meetings, IAMS was inaugurated in Driebergen, The Netherlands, in 1972. Since then, every four years an international conference has been held on the different continents. There are now more than 400 scholars who are members of IAMS as well as over 50 institutions that are corporate members.
Every four years, an Executive Committee is chosen by the members and is responsible for the development of the association and charged to organise the next quadrennial conference. On this Committee, different regions of the world are represented. The Secretariat of the association is usually taken charge by one of the associated institutions. Currently the Secretariat is located at CMS in Oxford, United Kingdom.
The objectives of the association are:
- to promote the scholarly study of systematic, biblical, historical and practical questions relating to mission and intercultural theology
- to disseminate information concerning mission studies to all those engaged in that and related study fields
- to promote fellowship, cooperation and mutual assistance in mission studies
- to organise international conferences of missiologists and intercultural theologians
- to encourage the creation of centres of research
- to stimulate publications in missiology and intercultural theology